Reduced Lactose Whey Market: Introduction
Reduced lactose whey is the whey powder that contains less lactose concentration, i.e., less than 60%. The reduced lactose whey is manufactured by filtering the lactose from the sweet whey liquid. The lactose is removed by either precipitation, filtration or dialysis. The filtered liquid is then spray dried to produce a powder known as reduced lactose whey. It is mostly a substitute for whey when low lactose and higher protein content is required.
Download sample copy of this report:
There are two types of reduced lactose whey available in the market, organic and conventional. The reduced lactose whey has varied applications in the food and beverages industry. It is used as an economic source of dairy solids. The use of reduced lactose whey is observed in the dairy, food processing, meat processing, infant food and in a number of other F&B industries. It is also used in nutraceuticals as a protein source.
Reduced Lactose Whey different from Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
The WPC that is available in the market is different from the reduced lactose whey. Both are processed but in WPC the minerals are removed too along with lactose. The reduced lactose whey has high mineral and protein content. Thus, the reduced lactose whey is also called mineral concentrated whey. The price of WPC is higher than the reduced lactose whey.
The WPC is mostly used due to their high functionality as a protein supplement. But due to their higher prices, the WPC being used as a source for dairy solids in the food and beverage industry is very less. The reduced lactose whey having low lactose and high protein content can be used as a substitute in various types of food processing.
Reduced Lactose Whey Market: Segmentation
The global reduced lactose whey market is segmented on the basis of nature, extraction process, end use and distribution channel.
On the basis of nature, the global reduced lactose whey market is segmented as-
On the basis of extraction, the global reduced lactose whey market is segmented as-
On the basis of end use, the global reduced lactose whey market is segmented as-
- Food and Beverages Food Service (HoReCa) Dairy products Food Processing Bakery Products Soups and Sauces Frozen Foods Meat processing Infant food Beverage processing Others
On the basis of distribution channel, the global reduced lactose whey market is segmented as-
- Direct/ B2B
- Indirect/ B2C Supermarkets/Hypermarkets Specialty Stores e-Retail
Reduced Lactose Whey: Key Participants
Some of the leading players in the global reduced lactose whey market include Wapsie Valley Creamery, Inc., Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc., MCT Dairies Inc., G&R Foods Inc., Hoogwegt Groep B.V., Grande Cheese Company, Agropur Inc., Graham Chemical Corporation, Fonterra Inc., Interfood Inc., Leprino Foods Company, Dana Foods Inc., and AMCO Proteins.
Reduced Lactose Whey Market: Activities by the Participants
- In 2014, Hilmar Cheese Company expanded its Dalhart, Texas, facility to accommodate additional capabilities for milk, cheese and whey processing. For whey processing, they have installed advanced equipment to offer nine varieties of whey from the previous four available ones.
Reduced Lactose Whey Market: Opportunities
The manufacturing of the reduced lactose whey is in its introductory phase and very selective number of companies are manufacturing it. The use of the reduced lactose whey in the food industry is rising due to the product being economically feasible and also the lactose content is very low making it suitable for use in any type of food product and not just dairy products. Also, the processing of the reduced lactose whey does not require extra costs and the removal of lactose is through a physical separation technique. Thus, the cheese producing companies can produce the reduced lactose whey powder with very less production costs, which has a high demand in the end-use industries.
Brief Approach to Research
Download table of contents with figures & tables:
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the reduced lactose whey market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and end use of the reduced lactose whey market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Reduced Lactose Whey Report:
- An overview of the global reduced lactose whey market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the reduced lactose whey market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the reduced lactose whey market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial reduced lactose whey segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the reduced lactose whey, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of reduced lactose whey market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the reduced lactose whey market.
Regional analysis of the reduced lactose whey market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the reduced lactose whey market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the reduced lactose whey market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of reduced lactose whey.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint