With the rapid growth in the glass industry, the demand for glass testing equipment is also increasing rapidly. Glass testing equipment is used for the measurement of various parameters such as tension, breaking force, and rupture of a glass. Also, the increasing use of glass testing equipment by glass merchants and building contractors is driving the growth of glass testing equipment market. Moreover, the growing usage of glass materials in food & beverages packing industries is creating significant growth opportunities for glass testing equipment market.
The increasing demand for ultra-thin glasses for flat screens, majorly in Asia Pacific and Europe is propelling the growth of glass testing equipment market. Also, stringent government rules and regulations to replace plastics with glass is supporting the adoption of glass products and which in turn, is generating the huge demand for glass testing equipment. In addition, the growing usage of glass in automotive, construction, and sound proofing applications is creating the demand for glass testing equipment. Moreover, with the emergence of advanced manufacturing technologies in various industrial sectors, the demand for Glass Testing Equipment is expected to proliferate.
Download sample copy of this report:
Stringent Safety Standards in Automotive Industry
Glass used in Automotive Industry has to undergo different types of testing and safety regulations. Manufacturers/Supplier of glass testing equipment need to make sure that the glass used in cars, buses, trucks and vehicles such as mobile homes, caravans must comply with stringent safety standards. These stringent regulations are driving the growth of glass testing equipment market.
Regulations which are applicable to glass for Automotive use are:
- United Nations ECE Regulation 43 – These are applicable to safety glazing materials which are used as windscreens for power driven vehicles. Manufacturers of Glass Testing Equipments are offering various type of testing services which are in compliance with these stringent standards. These tests include color test, resistance to fire, high temperature test, abrasion tests and other critical tests.
- European EC Directive 92/22, adapted by 2001/92/EC– This standard is applicable to safety glazing material for motor vehicles
- European EC Directive 2009/144 – This standard is applicable to windscreen and glazing components which are used in tractors for agricultural purpose
In addition, the growing usage of glass testing equipment for mandatory periodic safety tests in industries is boosting the demand of glass testing equipment market. Apart from this, increasing precision, service life, and portability of glass testing equipment is also one of the major factors which supports the adoption of glass testing equipment.
Glass Testing Equipment Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of Glass Testing Equipment Market on the Basis of Product Type:
- Glass Measurement Gauge
- Glass Stress Viewer
- Coating Detector
- Glass Analysis Accessories
Segmentation of Glass Testing Equipment Market on the Basis of End Use:
- Glass Manufacturers
- Glass Packaging Companies
- Building Contractors
Glass Testing Equipment Market: Competition Landscape
Prominent players in the global glass testing equipment market are Merlin Laser, GSR Laser Tools, Ceralabel-Green, Glass Technology Services Ltd., Presto, Instron, ZwickRoell, Arg International, Laser Tools, Presto Testing Instruments, Canned Instrument Ltd., and Duran Group.
Glass Testing Equipment Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, Asia Pacific is projected to capture the significant market share in terms of value in glass testing equipment market owing to the increasing urbanization and rapid infrastructural development in various countries of the region such as China, India, and Japan. Also, the economic stability and substantial production of glass in the regions are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of glass testing equipment market in the Asia Pacific. Moreover, Europe and North America are expected to capture substantial market share in global glass testing equipment market due to significant investments in construction sector and rapid demand for glass in food & beverage sectors of the region. Moreover, the presence of key glass testing equipment provider in the U.S. is also supporting the significant growth of glass testing equipment market in North America. Furthermore, the glass testing equipment markets in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to witness high growth rates owing to the rapid industrialization in various countries such as GCC Countries, Brazil, and Mexico.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Glass Testing Equipment Market Segments
- Glass Testing Equipment Market Dynamics
- Glass Testing Equipment Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in Glass Testing Equipment Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Glass Testing Equipment Market
- Glass Testing Equipment Market Value Chain
- Glass Testing Equipment Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis of glass testing equipment market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Download table of contents with figures & tables: