Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus is a diseases which activates itself due to the reoccurrence of varicella zoster virus infection. The disease involves eye and damages the eye and its surrounding structures due to inflammation of nerves. It causes chicken pox at the earlier stages of life and its reactivation further causes Herpes zoster ophthalmicus. The diseases is also called shingles. The disease occurs in population with weekend immune systems and geriatric population. Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus occurs majorly to the population who was once exposed to chicken pox at an early stage. The disease Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus causes redness and rashes all over the face and eyes. The rashes can be widespread all over the face in case of Immunosuppressed people. Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus is treated with antiviral medications. Also if the disease is not treated on time it may cause permanent vision loss. The virus reactivates a bunch of nerves which are present at the sides or base of skull which are further connected to the ophthalmic nerve which causes infections in the eye and the cornea.
Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: Drivers and Restraints
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are an estimated 1 million cases of herpes zoster annually in the US and out of the total cases 25 percent suffer from are herpes zoster ophthalmicus. Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus if not treat will cause blindness which is driving the Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market. Moreover with the increase in the healthcare expenditure and development of new drugs for the patients are driving the market.
Download sample copy of this report:
Increasing global warming and exposure to ultraviolet radiations can repress the mediated immunity, which is responsible for the increasing incidence of Herpes Zoster. Also patients suffering from cancer and advanced HIV have a high risk of developing Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus due to intake of immunosuppressant.
The overall market of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus treatment is propelled by the increasing demand for increasing expenditure on healthcare. However, there are very few developments for the Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus treatment which limit the market growth. The Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market offers potential and holds a strong perception in future with its continued investment.
Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus: Regional Outlook
North America is predicted to be the leading region in the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus market followed by Europe, due to high prevalence of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus in the region and strict regulations for patient care and safety. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate due to increasing number of awareness programs and geriatric population and increasing prevalence of diseases such as cancer and HIV. In addition, initiatives by the governments in the region on providing better healthcare facilities to the population contribute to the growth of the Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus treatment. The availability of new drugs and R&D in regions such as Asia Pacific and Latin America further are expected to spur the growth of the market during the forecast period. Manufacturers such as GSK filled a US FDA approval for the vaccines used for the treatment of Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus.
Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market are Abbott, Novartis International AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Fresenius Kabi AG, SteriMax, CADILA PHARMS LTD, APOTEX INC, TEVA pharmaceuticals, Cipla Limited, Mylan N.V., Foamix Ltd., Merck & Co. among others. The companies are involved in partnerships for R&D in order to exploit maximum potential. Also, they are majorly focusing on strengthening the core skills of their product portfolio.
Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market can be segmented on the basis of route of administration, treatment Type, distribution channel and geography.
Based on route of administration, the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market is segmented as:
Based on treatment type, the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market is segmented as:
- Oral antivirals
- topical corticosteroids
Based on distribution channel, the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market is segmented as:
- Hospitals pharmacies
- Retail stores
- Drug stores
- Online stores
Based on Region, the global Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan and China
- Middle East & Africa
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market by route of administration, Treatment type, distribution channel and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa by end user and country segments
- Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market system market Size & Forecast 2018-2028
- Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Epidemiology outlook for diseases
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Availability of device, cost of the test, specificity and sensitivity
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, Channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value
Download table of contents with figures & tables: