White Rice Flour Market Outlook
White rice flour is naturally gluten-free, carbohydrates-rich and low fat. White rice flour is used in baking cookies, cakes, bread, dumplings and more, as well in thickening the sauces and coat fish and other proteins. It is also very prevalent for making a variety of Asian noodles, which are considered a staple in Eastern cuisine. White rice flour is also considered an affordable food ingredient when compared to other conventional flours. Owing to the easiness in digestion of both rice proteins and rice starch, and a very remarkable amino acid profile of the latter – being greatly compared with the amino acid profile of breast milk – rice flour is extensively implemented in infant cereals and baby food, which provides the white rice flour market with a significant growth. However, available alternatives such as brown rice flour are expected to take a small amount of market share from white rice flour.
Download sample copy of this report:
Increasing Applications of White Rice Flour in Bakery Products Driving Significant Growth
Besides being used by individuals directly, white rice flour is also incorporated by companies present in different industries. Baked goods manufacturers are using the majority of the white rice flour.
Rising cases of wheat and gluten sensitivity globally, have augmented preference to white rice flour above convention wheat flour. Additionally, increasing application of white rice flour as a gluten-free ingredient in an extensive range of flour-based foods is boosting the demand for white rice flour as well as other gluten-free flours. As the customer-base is growing by the day and individuals are embracing, healthier, improved, easy-to-cook and ready-to-eat meals to co-op up with their busy lifestyle; baked goods and snack foods have been gaining significant traction. White rice flour producers are thus expected to grasp immense growth opportunities in the near future.
White Rice Flour Market Segmentation
The White Rice Flour market can be segmented on the basis of nature, end-use, function, packaging, and sales channel
On the basis of nature, the market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the market can be segmented as:
- Food and Beverages Special Dietary Formulations Baby Foods Extruded Snack Foods Pancake and Waffle Mixes Binder Mixes Meat Patties Sausages Seasonings and Spices Pasta Pizza Soup and Sauces Ready-to-eat Meals
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
On the basis of function, the market can be segmented as:
- Binding Agent
- Flavoring Agent
On the basis of packaging, the market can be segmented as:
- Retail Pouches Bags
- Bulk Cartons Drums
On the basis of the sales channel, the market can be segmented as:
- Direct Sales/B2B
- Indirect Sales/B2C Supermarket/Hypermarket Retail Stores Specialty Stores General Grocery Stores Online Stores
White Rice Flour Market: Key Developments
- In June 2017, Ingredion’s HOMECRAFT, a premium brand of the company, launched its rice flour. The product was designed to meet the consumers’ demand for silky, smooth, gluten-free products and was made available in Canada, the United States, and the Asia Pacific region.
White Rice Flour Market: Regional Analysis
The white rice flour market in Asia is expected to dominate the market by far attributed to the abundant population, soaring customer dependence on white rice flour as their staple food.
The market in North America is expected to show positive potential for growth in the next few years.
Also, in Europe, the white rice flour looks lucrative since there are only a trivial number of manufacturers.
Download table of contents with figures & tables:
White Rice Flour Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the White Rice Flour market are:
- Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
- Arrowhead Mills (Hain Celestial Group, Inc.)
- PGP International (Associated British Foods PLC)
- General Mills, Inc.
- The Soufflet Group
- EDME Food Ingredients Limited
- The Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Imperial World Trade Pvt. Ltd.
- Anson Mills
- Viachem, Ltd.
- Aryan International
- HOMECRAFT (Ingredion)
- Thai Flour Industry Co., Ltd.
- Bay State Milling Company
- Riviana Foods Inc.
- Radnor Corp Pty Ltd.
- Central Milling
- Kumamoto Flour Milling co., Ltd.
- Shree Bhagwati Flour and Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- PP Foods