Glandular Ingredients: Market Outlook
Glandular ingredients are nutritional sources that are used as dietary supplements to support the functioning of specific glands. Glandular ingredients are processed by lyophilization of certain glands that are derived from animals. They are either prepared in a powder form or as an extract. The glandular ingredients are generally extracted from bovine(cow), porcine(pig) or ovine(sheep) that are range-fed and are inspected by the government for being disease-free. The glandular from animals raised in New Zealand and Australia are considered to be the best glandular ingredients for human consumption by most of the manufacturers as the animal husbandry regulations in these countries are considered the strictest. The glandular, freeze-dried without hormones or antibiotics are considered to be organic glandular ingredients.
Download sample copy of this report:
Glandular Therapy as part of a Comprehensive Nutritional Program
Many health professionals have recommended glandular ingredients as a part of the diet for individuals who do not obtain these nutrients from their daily intake. This can either be consumed in freeze-dried powder form or these can be consumed in encapsulated form. The recommendation of glandular ingredient consumption by the professionals as a part of a comprehensive nutritional program is based on the various research conducted.
Around 40% of the Europeans are regularly supplementing their diets and it estimated that this trend of consuming dietary supplements will increase. This will increase the demand of the glandular ingredients.
Glandular Ingredients: Segmentation
The global glandular ingredients market is segmented on the basis of nature, form, source, type and end use.
On the basis of nature, the global glandular ingredients market is segmented as-
On the basis of form, the global glandular ingredients market is segmented as-
On the basis of source, the global glandular ingredients market is segmented as-
On the basis of type, the global glandular ingredients market is segmented as-
- Adrenal Cortex Medulla
- Bone Marrow
On the basis of end use, the global glandular ingredients market is segmented as-
- Dietary Supplements
- Sports Nutrition
- Animal feed
Glandular Ingredients: Key Players
Some of the leading players of global glandular ingredients market include Laboratorio Opoterapico Argentino S.A., Agri-lab Co-Products Ltd., Allergy Research Group LLC, American Biologics, Pure Natura ehf., Fallwood Corporation, American Laboratories, Inc., Food Science Corporation, MBi Nutraceuticals.
Glandular Ingredients: Key Developments
- American Laboratories, Inc. in collaboration with ChromaDex Corporation has developed an identity test for identification of the glandular ingredients in the year 2015. The test is for identification and verification of these ingredients in nutritional formulations. The minimum requirement of the glandular ingredients in the glandular related products has been set up by the FDA’s Dietary Supplement Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP). To comply with these, this technology has been developed.
Glandular Ingredients: Opportunities
The consumer attention shifting from regular food consumption to alternative remedies to obtain certain specific nutrients has promoted the use of glandular ingredients as a supplement either separately or blended with others. These glandular ingredients are in huge demand by the pharmaceutical companies as the capsule demand of the glandular is being prescribed clinically for treating various disorders.
Glandular Ingredients: Regulations
Download table of contents with figures & tables:
Various regulations are applied that have to be followed by the manufacturers of glandular ingredients as well as the manufacturers that use glandular ingredients for dietary supplements or animal feed. The United Nation’s FAO standards of organic, FDA’s Dietary Supplement Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Food Act, 2014 are few of the regulations. These regulations have led to very few manufacturers that provide glandular ingredients. The animals from which the glandular are obtained are also to be approved by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the manufacture of glandular ingredients in the United States.
Brief Approach to Research
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the glandular ingredients market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, product type, and end use of the glandular ingredients market.
Key Data Points Covered in the Glandular Ingredients Report:
- An overview of the global glandular ingredients market, including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the glandular ingredients market.
- The cost structure of and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial glandular ingredients segments, regions, and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand the glandular ingredients, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants of glandular ingredients market.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the glandular ingredients market.
Regional analysis of the glandular ingredients market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the glandular ingredients market. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors of the glandular ingredients market, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies of glandular ingredients.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint