Distilled Monoglycerides Market: Introduction
Distilled monoglycerides are made of glycerol and a fatty acid chain and are produced by biological or industrial chemical processes. They are used as emulsifiers to blend ingredients such as oily materials and water. Distilled monoglycerides are utilized in many areas including desserts, dairy products, baked foods, gum, oils and others. A wide variety of food products contain monoglycerides, such as margarine, nut butters, mayonnaise, frozen meals, coffee creamers and whiteners. Distilled monoglycerides are used in starch- and flour-based food products for their refined starch complexing capabilities.
Recently, distilled monoglycerides have been finding large-scale application in the manufacturing of processed food and beverage products. As consumers are becoming more perceptive towards food products, they are increasingly seeking niche products that appeal to individual needs. Distilled monoglycerides extend the shelf life of products and improve food texture and consistency. Therefore, the advantages associated with distilled monoglycerides have been driving their sales in manufacturing as well as commercial sectors.
Download sample copy of this report:
Distilled Monoglycerides Market: Dynamics
Distilled monoglycerides are highly functional ingredients in the food industry. These products are designed for use as emulsifiers or food additives in processed foods. The increasing demand for food additives, coupled with the upsurge in the food and beverage industry, contributes to a positive growth outlook for the distilled monoglycerides market. With changing trends in the food and beverage industry in recent years, consumer interest has been shifting towards a healthy lifestyle and consumers prefer to spend less time preparing meals.
The increasing awareness regarding difficulties with food allergies and intolerance has made it essential to state the source of certain emulsifiers on food labeling. The U.S. FDA classifies distilled monoglycerides as GRAS or a safe product for use as food additives and ingredients. Distilled monoglycerides contain small amounts of trans fats that naturally occur in many types of dairy, meat and, to a smaller extent, plant-based oils. A small amount of trans fat is no cause for concern; however, in significant amounts, trans fat can lead to an increased risk of coronary heart diseases and strokes.
Distilled Monoglycerides Market: Segmentation
The distilled monoglycerides market has been segmented on the basis of application, source and physical form.
On the basis of physical form, the distilled monoglycerides market has been segmented as:
On the basis of source, the distilled monoglycerides market has been segmented as:
On the basis of application, the distilled monoglycerides market has been segmented as:
- Sports Nutrition
- Ready-to-eat meals
Distilled Monoglycerides Market: Regional Outlook
Accelerated economic growth and an upsurge in the global population have positively influenced global food consumption. In addition to the rising food production, sales of food additives has also been witnessing an upward trend. The increasing per capita spending on food in developing countries has also been leading to an increase in the demand for better quality products. Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share in the distilled monoglycerides market, owing to the high consumption of processed foods in countries such as India, China, ASEAN and others. China is on the way to becoming a prominent producer in the food and grocery market, which is expected to further drive the demand for distilled monoglycerides. North America, followed by Europe, is estimated to gain high traction in the distilled monoglycerides market. Increasing income, food consumption and the development of innovative solutions in developed countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K. and others have been contributing to an increase in the demand for distilled monoglycerides. Gulf countries are prominent importers of food products from the other Asian and American countries, due to the limited manufacturing facilities in the MEA region. Thus, the MEA region is estimated to register moderate growth in the distilled monoglycerides market during the forecast period. Among all regions, Latin America is projected to deliver sluggish growth in the distilled monoglycerides market during the assessment period.
Distilled Monoglycerides Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the key market players in the distilled monoglycerides market identified across the value chain include:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Beldem SA
- BASF SE
- Croda International Plc
- Corning Corporation
- DSM Nutritional Products
- DOW DuPont
- Austrade Inc.
- Kerry Ingredients and Flavours
- Palsgaard A/S
- Ivanhoe Industries, Inc.
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Nikko Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Stepan Company
- Riken Vitamin Co., Ltd.
- Tate & Lyle Plc
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the distilled monoglycerides market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Distilled Monoglycerides Market Segments
- Distilled Monoglycerides Market Dynamics
- Distilled Monoglycerides Market Size
- Distilled Monoglycerides Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Distilled Monoglycerides Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Distilled Monoglycerides Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Distilled Monoglycerides
- Value Chain Analysis of the Distilled Monoglycerides Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
Download table of contents with figures & tables:
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the distilled monoglycerides market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the distilled monoglycerides market
- Competitive landscape of the distilled monoglycerides market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on distilled monoglycerides market performance
- Must-have information for distilled monoglycerides market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint