Introduction: 2 Piece Cans Market
Cans are used to contain a variety of products including beverages, aerosol products, paints, foods and many other products. The cans used for storing food and beverages are generally made up of metals such as aluminum and steel. The two basic types of cans are manufactured today, namely – 2 piece cans and 3 piece cans.
2 piece cans are made by forming a cup-shaped container with one piece of steel or aluminum. It can be produced by two manufacturing processes including draw-redraw process & draw-and-iron process. 2 piece cans were developed as a replacement for 3 piece cans. It has various advantages over 3 piece cans. 2 piece aluminum and steel cans have only one seam around the top end. It is noticeable that 2 piece cans would eliminate long seam and a double seam and thus impede two sources of potential leakage. 2 piece requires up to 15% less material compared to 3 piece cans. And 2 piece cans provides much safer packaging solutions compared to 3 piece cans as the technology used for packaging drinks in 2 piece cans non-toxic, odorless and rust preventive.
Request to Sample of Report @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-6935
Market Dynamics: 2 Piece Cans Market
Consumers use cans for a variety of purposes, it is the most widely used containers worldwide. It is estimated that about more than 100 million cans are consumed each day within U.S. only. The can manufacturing process has changed remarkably since its beginning. The labor-intensive industries some years ago, now have been replaced by automated means, and produces billions of cans per year. Raw materials and energy accounts for the largest share of the variable 2 piece can production. Also, the prices of aluminum and steel plates, sheets readily change. With the surge of import and export of steel since last decades, the cost of steel has dropped. It creates an opportunity for the manufacturers looking forward to investing in the 2 piece cans production. Also, 2 piece cans have various advantages over other types of cans, some of the benefits are-
- The body has no seam between the body and has no side seam, and it allows can to be tightly sealed with low consumption of raw materials.
- The 2 piece can body can be entirely printed and decorated.
- The process of manufacturing is easy and efficient.
Also, these 2 piece cans are hermetically sealed containers designed to keep food inside fresh in texture and taste. These factors are expected to drive the growth of global 2 piece cans market over the forecast period.
Research Methodology: 2 Piece Cans Market
The sources which have been used to validate the estimated market size include annual reports of key market players, industry journals & magazines, research papers, and other relevant data available in the public domain. Primary sources referred include focused discussions with C level executives, distributors, independent consultants, and key industry experts, among others.
Facts about Can Recycling:
Among materials which are used for the manufacturing of 2 piece cans, aluminum is expected to be the most sustainable package. Aluminum cans have a higher recycling rate and it has more recycled content than other competing packaging types. The below exhibit represents the advantage of aluminum over other beverage packaging types and comparative analysis on the basis of recycling rate.
The 2 piece cans market has been segmented on the basis of material used, manufacturing process used, application and end use industry.
On the basis of material used, the global 2 piece cans market has been segmented as:
On the basis of manufacturing process used, the global 2 piece cans market has been segmented as:
- Draw-redraw process
- Draw-and-iron process
On the basis of application, the global 2 piece cans market has been segmented as:
- Food & beverages
- Other products
On the basis of end use industry, the global 2 piece cans market has been segmented as:
- Food & beverage industry
- Paint & coating industry
- Consumer goods
Companies operating in the 2 piece cans market:
Tier 1 Companies in 2 piece cans market, revenue above US$ 100 Mn:
- Ardagh Group
- Ball Corporation
- Silgan Containers LLC
- Crown Holdings Inc.
Tier 2 Companies 2 piece cans market, between US$ 50 Mn – US$ 100 Mn:
- Pacific Can China Holdings Limited
- Helvetia Packaging
- Bway Corporation
- DS Containers
- ITW Sexton
- Metal Packaging Europe
- Anheuser-Busch Inc.
Tier 3 Companies 2 piece cans market, revenue below US$ 50 Mn:
- Royal Can Industries Company Limited
- Baosteel Co. Ltd.
- Scan Holdings
- Daiwa Can Company
- Rocky Mountain Metal Container
- Touo Seikan Co. Ltd.
- Rocky Mountain Metal Container
- Gebrüder Leonhardt GmbH & Co.
Some facts and figures:
- In Japan, the market share for the 2 piece can is more than 80%, and is continuously growing. The demand for the 3 piece cans have been declining as the end user industries are looking for light weight can in order to cut down costs.
- During the last decade, the production capacity of 2 piece cans in Korea was 5 billion cans, a 95% share in the beverage can market. Over the past years, the demand for 2 piece cans among the beverage suppliers has increased enormously.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Request Report for Table of Contents @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-6935
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint